Sunday, January 10, 2016

Trump Effects Economic Knowledge in the Media

From Yahoo! Finance's website.

Of all the times I've read or heard stories about tariffs, the only thing I've ever heard was how they would help American workers: Our steel manufacturers need to be protected from Chinese dumpingTires too.

I can never recall reading a mainstream news article that mentioned that tariffs harm consumers, though it is mentioned frequently on Economics blogs I read.

Now, once Donald Trump proposes tariffs, they're terrible for consumers!

Of course, I already believed that, but I guess I can thank Donald Trump for changing the media's minds on tariffs. See, presidential candidates are extremely instructive. Despite the media constantly criticizing him and his followers, without him, they would never have seen the detrimental effects of tariffs.

Thank you, Donald Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment